Prenatal Teacher Training
This training is available to Yoga Teachers who have completed the 200 Yoga Teacher Training course, are currently taking the 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training course, or intend on taking the 200 hr YTT course in 2019. Not only is this training available to Yoga teachers, but also to caregivers and providers in the Prenatal+Postnatal career field as well as women who are pregnant and would like to gain more insight into empowering their pregnancy through the practice of yoga and prenatal, postnatal, Mommy and me yoga class.
This training is available to Yoga Teachers who have completed the 200 Yoga Teacher Training course, are currently taking the 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training course, or intend on taking the 200 hr YTT course in 2019. Not only is this training available to Yoga teachers, but also to caregivers and providers in the Prenatal+Postnatal career field as well as women who are pregnant and would like to gain more insight into empowering their pregnancy through the practice of yoga and prenatal, postnatal, Mommy and me yoga class. This course is also open to men who would like to be of more service and gain insight to help their partner who is expecting or preparing for the future in planning to have a family.
You just graduated from yoga teacher training and have started to offer classes in your community. A pregnant women walks into your class. Would you know how to modify the practice for her safely and confidently? Would you know what she is experiencing in her pregnancy? Or perhaps you are pregnant. Would you know what you can do to find relief in your changing body with a calming and strengthening Yoga, Meditation, and breathing practice? Would you like to learn more about what yoga postures to do and not to do? Would you like to gain more of a connection to your child during pregnancy and awaken the Earth Goddess that you are? Would you like to learn techniques that are safe for you to use during pregnancy, labor, and postnatal?
We invite you to join us for this comprehensive 85 hr Prenatal, Postnatal, and Mommy & Me yoga teacher training and weekend immersions. Learn how to support women who are expecting, in their journey into being a mother, conscious birthing, and post natal practice with Dori Thomsen E-RYT 500. Dive into this practice, uniting expecting mothers, supporting them in their connection to body and baby, while encouraging them to to have a more compassionate-filled pregnancy, empowered birth and enter post natal recovery with grace. An in depth manual is included in the tuition of this training.
About the Teacher:
Florida native Dori Thomsen, is a 500-hr ERYT, Co-Founder of Soluna Yoga + Spa with her husband, Christian. She first entered a yoga class over a decade ago, while a freshman in college at UNF, but found her true calling to teach yoga while living in Costa Rica. Dori gained the 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher certification in 2010 with the Yoga Alliance, at an ashram in Guatemala, under the guidance of her teacher Paula Tursi of Reflections Yoga. She lived in Costa Rica for 5 years and taught for 3 of those years before returning back to the States. While living there, she continued her studies and earned a certificate in Prenatal Yoga & Restorative Yoga in 2011 and to also lead Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga in 2012. She is considered a pioneer of SUP Yoga in Central America, while living and teaching there and has now returned to Jacksonville with her family. In February of 2016, she completed her 500-hr advanced training, humbly earning the certificate of Yoga Acharya (Yoga Master) with Bhooma Chaitanaya and Swami Yogeshananda Saraswati at Aarsha Yoga Vidya Peetham in Kerala, India. She then dove deeper into her studies by completing the Yoga Therapy Training under her teacher Dr. Marie Bailey with the Amrit Yoga Institute. Dori is passionate about teaching Meditation, Pranayama, and all styles of yoga from and incorporates this free form expression of yoga in her classes, while encouraging her students to connect to the root and explore the practice. Dori is also passionate about teaching Prenatal Yoga, has been leading the classes since 2011, and enjoys connecting moms and moms-to-be; growing the village that it truly takes to raise a child. She became a Mother in 2013 and met her greatest teacher when they welcomed a baby girl into this world. She considers her daughter, Olive, to be her Guru. Olive continually teaches Dori how to love unconditionally and how to create authentic connection through communication, movement and breath. Olive also taught her how to lead Mommy & Me Yoga, attending these classes with Dori regularly. When Dori is not at Soluna, she enjoys spending time traveling with her family, planting seeds in their garden, and taking time to press pause.
- How to lead a prenatal, postnatal, and mommy & me yoga class
- Understand what an expecting mother is experiencing
- How to develop relationships with the mommy community and healthcare professionals
- Know what to suggest in class, the to do’s and not to do’s
- How to develop a Prenatal, Postnatal, and Mommy & Me yoga sequences for public classes and private sessions or personal use
- Techniques specialized to the needs of pregnant women for each trimester, empowering their labor, delivery, and postnatal recovery
- How to design a lesson plan for each trimester with creative themes
- Anatomy and physiology related to pregnancy
- Traditional yoga philosophy as it applies to pregnancy and journey into motherhood
- Pregnancy conditions
- Verbal and manual adjustments
- Restorative and relaxation techniques
- Partner Prenatal Yoga
- What you can do to support a growing community of moms and moms-to-be
- All the current birthing trends
- How to communicate confidently to new moms their options for prenatal, labor, delivery and postnatal postures and centering techniques
Tuition: $1,600.00 USD / $1,300 Early Bird Rate (Enroll before April 30, 2019)
Application Fee (deposit): $300.00
$300 USD (applied toward tuition; non-refundable)
- Comprehensive Manual
- Instruction on Prenatal, postnatal, and Mommy & Me yoga
- Meditation and pranayama sessions
- Lectures and workshops on pregnancy and birth
- Certification upon completion
- July 5, 6, 7
- July 19, 20, 21
- August 2, 3, 4
- August 23, 24, 25
- Yoga for Pregnancy-Sandra Jordan• Birthing From Within-Pam England & Rob Horowitz
- Female Pelvis-Blandine Calais Germanine
- Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby: Ayurveda and Yoga for a Healthy Pregnancy and Birth-Margo Shapiro Bachman
- Itsy Bitsy Yoga: Poses to Help Your Baby Sleep Longer, Digest Better, and Grow Stronger-Helen Garabedian
*All materials are subject to change
Application Deadline for Registration: June 28, 2019
Full payment before: July 5th
- You will be contacted once your application is approved with payment details.
- To confirm your space, full payment must be made.
- All fees are payable by cash, personal check or credit card (AMEX, VISA & MC).
- Payment plans are available. All payment plans will be scheduled and auto drafted.
Student will receive a full refund (less deposit) if cancellation occurs within (7) days of the start of the training program. Deposit may be applied to a future program. No refunds will be made after program start date. If registering and paying via a payment plan, you agree to pay for the training in full and in accordance to the payment plan terms. If you miss a training session, you are responsible for the installment payment. If you miss a payment, you will not be allowed to participate in the following weekend until payment has been made.
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
MBody Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programs for MBody Yoga have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200 hour and 300 hour Yoga Alliance Certifications.